SKYPE ID: sibaraki
Microsoft Profile (2005-Present): http://blogs.technet.com/b/cdnitmanagers/archive/2006/03/15/stephen-ibaraki.aspx
CIPS Founding Fellows Profile (Board Director, Vice-President, Chairman & President, Advisor to OEC--2005-Present):
Founding Chair Global Board, Global IT Community Association, currently Board Director and Advisor as past chair (2008-Present):
Most Valuable Professional (MVP) Profile (2006-Present):
The Mark News Author Profile (2008-Present):
NPA Founding Fellows Profile (Vice-Chair, Publisher, Managing Editor, Director Certification Board, Chair College of Distinguished Fellows, Chair Editorial Board, Board Director--2004-Present):
NPA Short BIO:
Stephen Ibaraki, FCIPS, I.S.P., MVP, DF/NPA, CNP, 'uniquely' holds more than 50 national and international awards and recognitions. For his outstanding lifetime contributions to information communication technology, a small sampling of Ibaraki's elections include: founding CIPS Fellow (FCIPS); founding NPA Distinguished Fellow (DFNPA); Canadian IT Hall of Fame (CIPS); Global Hall of Fame (as DFNPA); ICT Industry's only recipient of the Computing Canada IT Leadership Lifetime Achievement Award; after a worldwide search, inaugural recipient of the Global Lifetime Career Achievement Award for Professionalism (NPA, Network World, Network Computing, Novell, Microsoft, Interop Conferences, Networld+Interop); inaugural recipient of the IT Hero Award (Federal Government Industry Canada, Information Technology Association); National Gary Hadford Award for Professional Achievement (CIPS); National All-Star Team Award (DataTech); multiple teaching, writing, speaking awards/recognitions; ...[see Career Summary for more]
Stephen also is a government legislated IS Professional (I.S.P.), Certified Network Professional (CNP), and Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) who serves internationally with more than 60 concurrent roles and board positions. His first experiences with technology began in 1965 when he built his first analog computer and then quickly moving to digital technology, and software. He also is a retired educator in technology and business.
Stephen Ibaraki has written articles, papers, and
reports on technology
distributed worldwide; spoken at regional, national, and
international conferences; been interviewed as an IT expert for the
press and for Internet
broadcasts with live
questions and answers taken from users around the globe.
STEPHEN IBARAKI INTERVIEWS
Stephen Ibaraki articles/interviews/reviews are targeted to IT professionals, and enterprises worldwide and have appeared in many publications.
Stephen Ibaraki Interviews/reviews are also published by
the Industry-Canada chartered non-profit Canadian Information Processing Society (CIPS), the
non-profit Network Professional Association (NPA), GITCA, and
Pearson Publishing. There are regular interviews with the world's leading experts.
- Stephen Ibaraki is cohost of IT Managers Connection (IMC) blog which provides dynamic commentaries, (see Grant Buckler's articles "Beauty and the blog" in itbusiness.ca and "Corporations enter a new frontier" - Page 1 and Page 2 in Computing Canada), text and audio interviews (podcasts), etc.
- Partial listing of Stephen's postings on IT Managers Connection. See IT Managers Connections Blog to see his up-to-date postings.
- Computing Canada (CC) partners with Stephen Ibaraki, I.S.P., DF/NPA, CNP, MVP. Computing Canada's new editorial feature, Blogged Down, features Stephen Ibaraki's upcoming interviews in the Canadian IT Managers forum (CIM). For a listing of featured interviews, see listing: Computing Canada (CC) "Blogged Down" Editorials
- Stephen Ibaraki's exclusive podcast interview with Sean O'Driscoll about Social Media, Communities, and Influencers.
- CIPS CONNECTIONS - Recent IMC postings in CIPS CONNECTIONS
- For more information see Stephen Ibaraki Blogs section